Tuesday, September 4, 2018

World Building Planet Ideas

For my world building planet, I want to focus on a planet that isn't just simply one biome, as many science fiction had "desert planet" and "snow planet", when you think of it, Earth isn't the largest planet ever but still manages to have multiple types of biomes and more than just a few species of life on it. It will be difficult to portray that much variety with my planet that I will be conceptualizing in a few weeks, so I will be downsizing from that concept.

Perhaps this planet has two main biomes, a colder biome that has their version of "snow" and "ice" and is mostly barren and a warmer, lusher biome that supports most of the life. I've wanted to incorporate magic into my world, but I have wanted it to focus on magic (perhaps its a type of science really) that is harnessed by effecting the crystals that contain energy. The main civilization/society I will be developing will have found means to harness this energy/magic, and thus developed as a species to progress in technology and society.

This source of magic and power wouldn't have let only these people progress, but have advanced the local flora and fauna as well. I have thought of certain more "primitive" races to coexist with this main one, but are in good relations as they do not waste time fighting rather interact regularly to share technology and ideas to help the others grow.

I've also thought this planet would harbor some more threatening natural occurrences, as the magic in this world will ebb and flow, almost like the phases of the moon and when the magic is too intense and strong, there will be storms or disasters that would be a constant regular threat to the people that live there. This is why the societies will have to develop ways to combat these occurrences, with the energy harnessed from the crystals.


No comments:

Post a Comment